Saturday, August 15, 2009

We joined a new running club

Today I ran further than I have run since April; 7.3 miles. It went pretty good, I was able to hold 7:23 mile pace and I had a few sub 7 minute miles in there. I ran from my house down to a really cool crushed granite trail, which I followed to the Cal State Sacramento Aquatic Center. There I met up with my family who were meeting one of the Buffalo Chips Running Club’s youth cross-country coaches.

My kids have decided they want to run cross-country and track this year as opposed to playing soccer. So after some research we decided to all join the Buffalo Chips Running Club as a family. The girls went for a run today with Tara and I in tow. Cassie ran 3 miles and Maya and Annie ran 2. I still can’t believe Maya ran 2 MILES!

We are totally excited to see them run.

Note to self: follow lessons learned from Kindergarten; if I can’t say something nice, then don’t say anything at all. Even better, I probably shouldn’t “talk” about running much with them, especially giving advice.

The Buffalo Chips RC appear to have several different running groups with different focuses and different abilities. There also appears to be several Ultra Marathoners on the club; several of which beat me pretty bad at WTC. Hopefully Tara and I can find a few training partners (although I have a few already..shout out to Anthony, Eric and maybe soon Derek).

No comments:

Post a Comment